Even if you’ve never touched a 3D printer, these projects will excite and empower you to learn new skills, extend your current abilities, and awaken your creative impulses. Each project uses a unique combination of electronics, hand assembly techniques, custom 3D-printed parts, and software, while teaching you how to think through and execute your own ideas.
Written by the founder of Printrbot, his staff, and veteran DIY authors, this book of projects exemplifies the broad range of highly personalized, limit-pushing project possibilities of 3D printing when combined with affordable electronic components and materials.
In Make: 3D Printing Projects, you’ll:
- Print and assemble a modular lamp that’s suitable for beginners–and quickly gets you incorporating electronics into 3D-printed structures.
- Learn about RC vehicles by fabricating–and driving–your own sleek, shiny, and fast Inverted Trike.
- Model a 1950s-style Raygun Pen through a step-by-step primer on how to augment an existing object through rapid prototyping.
- Fabricate a fully functional, battery-powered screwdriver, while learning how to tear down and reconstruct your own tools.
- Get hands-on with animatronics by building your own set of life-like mechanical eyes.
- Make a Raspberry Pi robot that rides a monorail of string, can turn corners, runs its own web server, streams video, and is remote-controlled from your phone.
- Build and customize a bubble-blowing robot, flower watering contraption, and a DIY camera gimbal.
3D Printing Projects: Toys, Bots, Tools, and Vehicles To Print Yourself
12 used from $ 13.09