The Anycubic i3 Mega is a solid, high quality 3D printer based on the Prusa i3 open source designs. It features a large build volume, semi-automatic bed leveling and filament outage detection and recovery.
- Best for: Casual Hobbyists and Enthusiasts
- Might be good for: Educators and Semi-Professionals
- Not appropriate for: Pragmatists
Click here to see what others are saying.
The Anycubic i3 Mega is a solid, metal-framed 3D printer that comes mostly assembled. Assembly is easy and takes only a few minutes. It has a large build envelope (210 x 210 x 205 mm, or 8.3 x 8.3 x 8.1 inches). The Anycubic i3 Mega also includes some nice advanced features, including:
- 3.5 inch touch-screen interface
- Semi-automatic, intelligent bed leveling
- Filament outage detection with automatic pause when filament runs out and ability to resume after re-load
- Auto-resume of printing following a power failure
The device is capable of producing high quality prints, thanks to the stable construction and fine layer resolution down to 0.05 mm. It supports multiple filament materials, including PLA, ABS, High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) and wood.
Anycubic i3 Mega Pros and Cons
- Solid metal-frame construction
- Bed leveling is easy and accurate thanks to proximity sensor support
- Easy to assemble and get started
- Easy to use touch-screen interface
- High quality for the price
- Lack of enclosure limits usefulness around small children and pets
- Chinese manufacturer, support and documentation is limited
- Easy to assemble, but may require some tweaking
- Large build volume
- User friendly 3.5-inch TFT touch-screen
- Can be assembled in just a few minutes
- Rigid metal frame and superior stability
- High quality, accurate printing with layer resolution down to 50 microns
- Easy, assisted bed leveling supported by proximity sensors
- Filament detection: Automatic printing pause when filament runs out, resume after filament re-load with just one click
- Auto-resume of printing following power failure
- Large Build Volume :210 x 210 x 205mm.
- Plug and Play with User Friendly Screen :Complete the assembling with 8 screws ,then start to play through a 3.5-inch TFT touch screen.
- ANYCUBIC UltraBase: ANYCUBIC patented heatbed,super adhesion,smoothy lattice bottom surface. Easier to take off model by hands, so you won't need masking tape and glue stickers any more.
- EASY ASSEMBLY: Delivery with three sets, just need about 10 minutes to assemble well.
- PRINTING SIZE: Prints max size of 300X300X400mm. No longer will you be limited to small models.
- LONG SERVICE LIFE: Imported Linear navigation with low friction. Industrial-grade PCB can continuously print for 200 hours without pressure
- Hotend for Anycubic i3 mega
- 0.4mm nozzle for 1.75 filament
- 12V 40W heater
- V5 Radiator tube
- V6 PC4-01 quick connector
This 3D printer has not yet been reviewed by AxisGeek. The score shown represents an aggregate of other review sources.
|Print Technology||FFF (Fused Filament Fabrication)|
|Assembly required?||Mostly assembled|
|Build Envelope||210 x 210 x 205 mm (8.3 x 8.3 x 8.1 inches)|
|Build Volume||9.0 liters|
|Enclosed build area?||No|
|Print Bed Leveling||Assisted|
|Heated print bed?||Yes|
|Filament Support||Open, supports PLA, ABS, HIPS, Wood and more|
|User Interface||3.5 inch TFT touch-screen|
|Layer Thickness||0.05 to 0.30 mm|
|XY Axis Positioning Accuracy||0.01 mm|
|Z Axis Positioning Accuracy||0.002 mm|
|Connectivity||USB, SD Card|
|OS Support||Windows, Mac OSX, Linux|
|File types supported||.STL, .OBJ, .DAE, .AMF|
|Product Dimensions||405 x 410 x 453 mm (15.9 x 16.1 x 17.8 inches)|
|Product Weight||15 kg (33 pounds)|
|Product Construction||Metal frame|