Northern California based 3D printer maker Printrbot has announced version 2 of their popular Simple desktop 3D printer. The Printrbot Simple v2 features several upgrades mainly focused on usability, including Wi-fi connectivity and an LCD touch screen.
Printrbot founder and CEO Brook Drumm commented, “As far as hardware, the new Simple is sleeker, with my usual quirky minimalism… Love it or hate it. It dumps the round rods and bearings for all linear rails and carriages. We have improved the ZY assembly to be a single block of aluminum- no adjustment or nuance when building it, it’s remarkable simple. But simple is hard. And again, these upgrades are pricey to do, but I think it’s worth it.”
- Wi-fi capability for untethered printing
- LCD touch screen
- Admittedly long overdue ON/OFF Power Switch
- Updated Electronics: Printrboard G2 and Powrboard.
- Dual power plugs : our normal laptop psu and the ATX 6-pin molex
- Ubis 13S Hot End
- Linear Rails & Bearing Carts
The Printrbot Simple v2 is priced at $849 and is now available for pre-order, with initial shipments scheduled for July.
More information at printrbot.com.