The STANLEY Model 1 is a fully enclosed, user friendly 3D printer. It is designed to deliver an easy and convenient 3D printing experience, with features like an auto-loading filament system, assisted bed leveling and mobile print monitoring.
- Best for: Casual Hobbyists and Educators
- Might be good for: Pragmatists
- Not appropriate for: Enthusiasts and Semi-Professionals
Click here to see what others are saying.
The STANLEY Model 1 3D printer is the result of a joint venture between Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. and South Korean manufacturer Sindoh. It is fully assembled, plug-and-play, and has advanced features like auto-loading filament, assisted bed leveling, wifi connectivity and a web cam for monitoring your prints.
With a maximum build volume of 7.4 liters, it fits into our mid-sized category. The STANLEY Model 1 is fully enclosed, making it applicable for classrooms or homes with small children or pets. The device uses STANLEY’s proprietary filament system, and can print with ABS or PLA materials.
Key features of the STANLEY Model 1 3D printer include:
- Auto-loading filament system. Engineered with user-friendliness in mind, the Model 1 3D Printer automatically loads and unloads the printing filament so you don’t have to. Once you insert STANLEY’s proprietary 3D printer cartridge into the Model 1 3D Printer, the device will take over and do the rest.
- Assisted bed leveling. The STANLEY Model 1 3D Printer analyzes the print bed position and provides easy and convenient instructions right on the touch screen.
- Web monitoring. The Model 1 3D Printer has a built-in web camera which allows you to watch the 3D printing process remotely while on your network. It also provides a remote cancel feature which allows you to cancel the printing in process.
- STANLEY 3D Desktop Software. Offers easy and advanced modes to meet your level of experience. The software works with you to give you the best possible print. Go ahead, upload your file and print.
STANLEY Model 1 Pros and Cons
- Easy to setup and network
- Webcam for remote monitoring (and cancellation) of prints
- Easy to use software, with advanced mode as well
- Good quality prints
- Proprietary filament system, locked into Stanley filament – limited availability and filament types
- Some advanced features, but price point is relatively high
- Automatically loads and unloads the printing filament by itself
- Shows simple instructions to users to keep the bed leveling process simple and easy
- Users can watch the 3D printing process on mobile devices from distant area
- Comes with an ABS filament spool(600g) and Smart Chip
- Filament diameter: 1.75mm
- Compatible with STANLEY MODEL 1 3D Printer only
- Bostitch Impulse 45 Electric Stapler - 45 Sheets Capacity - 210 Staples Capacity - 1/4" Staple Size - Black
- Stanley-Bostitch B8E VALUE
This 3D printer has not yet been reviewed by AxisGeek. The score shown represents an aggregate of other review sources.
|Print Technology||FFF (Fused Filament Fabrication)|
|Assembly required?||Fully assembled|
|Build Envelope||200 x 200 x 185 mm (7.9 x 7.9 x 7.3 inches)|
|Build Volume||7.4 liters|
|Enclosed build area?||Yes|
|Print Bed Leveling||Assisted|
|Heated print bed?||Yes|
|Filament Support||Proprietary, supports PLA and ABS|
|User Interface||5 inch touch-screen|
|Layer Thickness||0.05 to 0.40 mm|
|XY Axis Positioning Accuracy||Not specified|
|Z Axis Positioning Accuracy||Not specified|
|Connectivity||USB, USB Flash Drive, Wi-Fi, Ethernet|
|Software||STANLEY 3D Desktop Software|
|OS Support||Windows, Mac OSX|
|File types supported||Not specified|
|Product Dimensions||577 x 571 x 559 mm (22.7 x 22.5 x 22 inches)|
|Product Weight||20.5 kg (45 pounds)|
|Product Construction||Fully enclosed, metal frame|